Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...

Go down 
+13
Clint Eastwood
crazy8
1eightySX
Piett
_....
240sxy
dev
raboyto2
jdm_itr
cuonger69
Marshal
Moneypits
canadian_ef
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
canadian_ef
Rank 3
Rank 3

Number of posts : 133
Vehicle : 1988 Honda Crx Si, 1990 Honda Civic Cx
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Empty
PostSubject: Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...   Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2009, 10:40 pm

Okay. I am pissed at the previous owner of my CRX. They were a f**king moron. Soldered wires to the speaker terminals, speakers held in with 1 screw and a zip tie, no baffles... pissed. I don't even want to look at how the deck is wired up. So, my plan is to replace it all. Probably run new wires too, thicker ones instead of the stock ones. Hoping to be running a system like this...

Pioneer premier series deck (not sure of the model. i bought one about 1.5 years ago)
6.5 speakers, all around (4 total...)
not sure of the tweeters yet, and I dont want to put them in until I get the powerfolding mirrors...
thinking against a sub for some reason. figure it is just one less thing for people to steal.

I don't know lots about brands etc... but I hear good things about Alpine Type R speakers. Can anyone vouch for this? Or any better ideas?
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...   Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2009, 10:41 pm

run your speakers off an external amp instead of off the deck especially if all your stock wiring is fucked
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...   Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 7:31 am

unless you have like $150-$200 to drop per pair of speakers, stay away from type-r. I've seen good things out out externally amplified type-s speakers though.
Just keep the bass out of the speakers, and you will be just fine. Allow each component to do their job.
tweeters=high range
speakers=mid
sub=low
Back to top Go down
cuonger69
Rank 4
Rank 4
cuonger69

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...   Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 8:45 am

If you plan on running an amp to your speakers, I recommend you go with the type r. Sound quality between the type r/type s was almost night and day. My type s couldn't handle being amp'd and eventually kicked the bucket after a year. But if you're on budget the type s are still a capable speaker and should be enough for your needs.

if you're interested I have a set of brand new 6.5'' type x components I'll let go for cheap.
Back to top Go down
canadian_ef
Rank 3
Rank 3

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...   Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 1:03 pm

cuonger69 wrote:
If you plan on running an amp to your speakers, I recommend you go with the type r. Sound quality between the type r/type s was almost night and day. My type s couldn't handle being amp'd and eventually kicked the bucket after a year. But if you're on budget the type s are still a capable speaker and should be enough for your needs.

if you're interested I have a set of brand new 6.5'' type x components I'll let go for cheap.

how much is cheap? Razz
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...   Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 1:45 pm

I have my type -s amplified and they have held up very nicely. 40watts RMS is what the amp is rated for, the speakers are rated for 35Watts RMS.

You must of had more money and got a very good amp:(
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...   Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 4:51 pm

i got type r 's in my car (for certain reasons . im a loser lol) i would recomend them to any one who is amping them . that being said if you like extreamly clear high's go with kicker i ran kicker resolutions in my old setup and they were insane but $800 Shocked
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 916
Vehicle : 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...   Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 5:02 pm

i went to a subless system because it gets in the way to much in the back of the surf..

if you properly balance your speakers, with decent quality components, you will have a good sound system.
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...   Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 5:04 pm

i got rid of subs to just sick of it (am i getting old?)
Back to top Go down
canadian_ef
Rank 3
Rank 3

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...   Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 5:15 pm

jdm_itr wrote:

haha. you are only 22, right? i am 17, and sick of loud ass subs. i would rather have a nice low sounding exhaust... and an engine to back it up.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...   Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 6:42 pm

im upgrading my system this year with some rear speakers finally and yeah subs are alright i have my whole system custom hidden in my spare tire well and i just put my sub in whenever im just cruising or feel like being a tool turning up the bass really loud otherwise i take it out
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...   Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 6:52 pm

well I have a sub in my car, and truth be told, I don;t think I will ever go without one again. I just have a 10 inch, and I don't have it set-up to shake or rattle or boom. I just like how it fills in the lows with any type of music.

But I will agree, it does it in the way. definately make an effort to strap/screw down the box, or it flops around and i hate that
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1211
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...   Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 7:26 pm

marshal wrote:
unless you have like $150-$200 to drop per pair of speakers, stay away from type-r. I've seen good things out out externally amplified type-s speakers though.
Just keep the bass out of the speakers, and you will be just fine. Allow each component to do their job.
tweeters=high range
speakers=mid
sub=low

Heard nothing but good things from Type-S Smile, recommended.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...   Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 9:07 pm

inst inst inst inst inst inst inst bounce
Back to top Go down
_....
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...   Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2009, 5:19 pm

jdm_itr wrote:

haha its possible, i ditched mine when i need the trunk space to move for school a few years back, that and I could no longer justify a large portion on my truck being taken up by a sub box just for a little bit more bass.
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...   Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2009, 5:46 pm

canadian_ef wrote:
jdm_itr wrote:

haha. you are only 22, right? i am 17, and sick of loud ass subs. i would rather have a nice low sounding exhaust... and an engine to back it up.

if thats what you think.. why are you asking quesitons about stereos and how you want to put a stereo in your car. when you dont have an engine to back up your loud exhaust?

but im going to the autowreckers ... yeah
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...   Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2009, 5:54 pm

Stereos are over rated. I think have two speakers in my car... I bought a sub like 4 years ago and never did anything with it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
crazy8
Rank 1
Rank 1
crazy8

Number of posts : 15
Vehicle : '04 Mazda Rx8
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...   Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2009, 4:57 pm

JL or kicker.. better sound quallity for the same price if not less than alpine,
Back to top Go down
canadian_ef
Rank 3
Rank 3

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...   Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2009, 5:06 pm

JP wrote:
canadian_ef wrote:
jdm_itr wrote:

if thats what you think.. why are you asking quesitons about stereos and how you want to put a stereo in your car. when you dont have an engine to back up your loud exhaust?

in my cars current state, it can hold its own.
i showed that to a guy last night. driving a mid 90s civic, tuned. advanced timing. raped that car.
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1284
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...   Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2009, 5:11 pm

Lol a crx with a factory motor can't hold it's own...A crx with a b16 is still slow as balls.
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...   Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2009, 5:12 pm

canadian_ef wrote:
JP wrote:
canadian_ef wrote:
jdm_itr wrote:

in my cars current state, it can hold its own.
i showed that to a guy last night. driving a mid 90s civic, tuned. advanced timing. raped that car.

street racing is chumpish, you beat a civic, congrats.

and please, define: tuned
Back to top Go down
canadian_ef
Rank 3
Rank 3

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...   Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2009, 5:13 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:
Lol a crx with a factory motor can't hold it's own...A crx with a b16 is still slow as balls.

it is a bit faster than i thought it was. b16s are over-rated.

Also, tuned, the guy seemed to know what he was doing. i saw his engine before hand. he showed me what he did.
i shouldn't have said tuned. all he did was advance the timing.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...   Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2009, 5:30 pm

retarding the timing is where its at!
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1284
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...   Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2009, 5:52 pm

I think we can just all agree hondas suck.
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

Number of posts : 1749
Vehicle : 02 Audi A6
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...   Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2009, 5:58 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:
I think we can just all agree hondas suck.

Take that shit back RIGHT NOW!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.honda-tech.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...   Gonna be looking for a sick system soon... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gonna be looking for a sick system soon...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next