Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Want your vehicle power polished?

Go down 
+9
Noops
greddy_1700
jdm_itr
toddler
subbie
dev
Clear Solutions
d3v
eden
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
eden
Rank 2
Rank 2
eden

Number of posts : 93
Vehicle : S197
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Want your vehicle power polished? Empty
PostSubject: Want your vehicle power polished?   Want your vehicle power polished? Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2009, 7:13 pm

k so talked to my boss at crestview, he said usually it depends on the vehicle but for you guys he'll give a good deal since i know you. here is what you get done

3 Stage Power Polish -- $200.00 + tax
----------------
1. 3M Perfect-It 3000 Extra Cut Compound w/ 3M Perfect-It Plus Wool Pad
2. 3M Perfect-It 3000 Machine Polish Swirl Mark Remover w/ 3M Perfect-It Plus Foam Pad
3. 3M Perfect-It 3000 Ultrafina Machine Polish w/ 3M Perfect-It Plus Ultrafina Foam Pad (really soft)
(optional) 4. 3M Performance Finish Paste (handwax, no machine polish)

We do offer a different type of system, called Black Pearl. We can go up to 10 stages with that, but honestly 3M can do that with just 4 stages because its more aggressive. The Black Pearl system is more expensive simply because i have to do 10 power polishes.... which is a PITA and honestly not worth it.

Too cheap to spend $200?

1 Stage Power Polish -- Case of beer and $20, no tax ladies and gents
----------------
1. CarBrite Carnauba Wax w/ 3M or Norton Foam Pad (great for taking wash swirls out of clear coat and overall making your car shinier)
Back to top Go down
d3v
Rank 4
Rank 4
d3v

Number of posts : 335
Vehicle : 1992 Honda Civic Hatch w/ h22
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Want your vehicle power polished?   Want your vehicle power polished? Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2009, 10:06 pm

if your serious about the beer and the twenty bucks count me in!
also do you know marcus and jd who work there? haha
Back to top Go down
Clear Solutions
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Want your vehicle power polished?   Want your vehicle power polished? Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2009, 11:51 pm

I gotta chime in here man I'm sorry. A 1 stage power polish for $20 and beer ?????????? Your going to correct nothing with a 1 stage polish, and if you are then your using an aggressive compound which means your leaving holograms and heat trails from the pad behind in the paint. WTF!

Here's a classic example of what I see every day from guys that have no idea what there doing.

Want your vehicle power polished? Turtlescar027
Want your vehicle power polished? Turtlescar035
Want your vehicle power polished? Turtlescar030
Want your vehicle power polished? Turtlescar033

If you 1 staged a car like this it will look the same when your done.
Want your vehicle power polished? Jakescar008

That's color sanded and then 5 rounds of varying compounds and pads to finsh it back to perfect
Want your vehicle power polished? Jakescar038
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1211
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Want your vehicle power polished?   Want your vehicle power polished? Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2009, 1:22 pm

Clear Solutions wrote:
I gotta chime in here man I'm sorry. A 1 stage power polish for $20 and beer ?????????? Your going to correct nothing with a 1 stage polish, and if you are then your using an aggressive compound which means your leaving holograms and heat trails from the pad behind in the paint. WTF!

Here's a classic example of what I see every day from guys that have no idea what there doing.

Want your vehicle power polished? Turtlescar027
Want your vehicle power polished? Turtlescar035
Want your vehicle power polished? Turtlescar030
Want your vehicle power polished? Turtlescar033

If you 1 staged a car like this it will look the same when your done.
Want your vehicle power polished? Jakescar008

That's color sanded and then 5 rounds of varying compounds and pads to finsh it back to perfect
Want your vehicle power polished? Jakescar038

A stage one would consist of a compound and wool correct? Isn't the whole purpose of that to remove the scratches/defects in the paint by putting swirls in the clear which then are taking out by a foam + compound? I'm thinking a stage one would be glaze/wax with a foam pad, which will still bring more depth and a pop to the paint.
Back to top Go down
Clear Solutions
Rank 2
Rank 2

PostSubject: Re: Want your vehicle power polished?   Want your vehicle power polished? Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2009, 1:36 pm

It will bring back very little putting on a glaze. If anything your adding holograms and using a slicone bases filler glaze. Once that washes away the car will be worse. As for " stage one" everyone has there interpretation as to what it means but your on the right track. Wool and whatever compond you think you need to start out with, should be stage 1. I will usually test 3 different compounds with my wool pad starting with the finer of the 3, if that does not correct then I move up a grade.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383

PostSubject: Re: Want your vehicle power polished?   Want your vehicle power polished? Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2009, 2:49 pm

i need this done really bad, haha
Back to top Go down
toddler
Rank 5
Rank 5
toddler

Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Want your vehicle power polished?   Want your vehicle power polished? Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2009, 6:05 pm

WReX wrote:

as bad as it sounds yes you do black is a terrible colour for showing swirls
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1211
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC

PostSubject: Re: Want your vehicle power polished?   Want your vehicle power polished? Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2009, 6:11 pm

toddler wrote:
WReX wrote:

as bad as it sounds yes you do black is a terrible colour for showing swirls

but soooo sexy with a nice finish Smile I suggest all black cars be polished all though its a pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
eden
Rank 2
Rank 2
eden

PostSubject: Re: Want your vehicle power polished?   Want your vehicle power polished? Icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2009, 9:30 pm

if you would have bother to read my post, i said a stage 1 will take out most wash swirls and make your car shinier. if you can't do that with a stage 1 then you can't polish, period. second of all, i've been doing this for 2 years and i'm 3M certified. if your leaving rank swirls like those then ur not getting the pad wet enough and its getting hot too quick, or ur going over the same spot excessively and with force.

your telling me stuff i knew when i first started out? i know wat a stage 1, a stage 3, a 5 stage and clay bar system does and the outcome? i've got 3 of my buddies that can vouch i can make a paintjob look like glass with no swirls. i'm not the best but im not the worst. and unlike some ppl (you) i actually am going to school so i don't have to be a detailer the rest of my life....
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Want your vehicle power polished?   Want your vehicle power polished? Icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2009, 9:39 pm

soi may be down for the beer deal in spring
Back to top Go down
greddy_1700
Rank 5
Rank 5
greddy_1700

Number of posts : 654
Vehicle : 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Want your vehicle power polished?   Want your vehicle power polished? Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2009, 6:02 am

Hey Jeramiah, where are you located these days? Spring time I think I might need some advice from you on how to approach my paint, and get you to correct it. Lets face it people, take this mans advice, he is the absolute best when it comes to car finishes.

eden, not to take away from your thread, Bump for a good deal, cant wait to see some of your work!
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: Want your vehicle power polished?   Want your vehicle power polished? Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2009, 10:18 am

as soon as spring hits I'll get one of these done for sure! the hood and body really need a cut and polish pretty bad. MAD SWIRLS! lol
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

Number of posts : 1749
Vehicle : 02 Audi A6
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Want your vehicle power polished?   Want your vehicle power polished? Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2009, 1:28 pm

Cant go wrong for a Stg1 fer a case of beer
Back to top Go down
http://www.honda-tech.com
eden
Rank 2
Rank 2
eden

PostSubject: Re: Want your vehicle power polished?   Want your vehicle power polished? Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2009, 10:56 pm

no offense.. but i dont need advice on how to polish.. not that it wouldnt help me out or benefit me, but im not detailing the rest of my life. 5 months to be exact. i DO however put out quality work and am quite experienced... i've polished hundreds of cars and i hate it when 40 year old know-it-alls come around thinking there the best in the business and can show me up.... congrats..... u can detail...... lol im just offering my services for a ridiculously cheap amount cause i enjoy polishing and i'm good at it... and a case of beer will do the trick
Back to top Go down
J DUB
Rank 1
Rank 1

Number of posts : 11
Vehicle : 91 Integra GS
Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Want your vehicle power polished?   Want your vehicle power polished? Icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2009, 6:40 pm

I too work at crestview right next to this guy, and so I'm gonna vouch for him, he does a damn good job, and the cars that come in on a daily basis arent your everyday wash swirls, they look like peoples started getting to cheap to buy wash brushes and thought push brooms would work just as well haha... I'd say the case of beer is a good deal

Better than paying the detailing "master" hundreds of dollars to polish your car, take pictures of it, than get on his computer and show off to everyone how to "properly" polish a car... Congrats mang Wink
Back to top Go down
Clear Solutions
Rank 2
Rank 2

PostSubject: Re: Want your vehicle power polished?   Want your vehicle power polished? Icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2009, 12:09 am

eden wrote:
no offense.. but i dont need advice on how to polish.. not that it wouldnt help me out or benefit me, but im not detailing the rest of my life. 5 months to be exact. i DO however put out quality work and am quite experienced... i've polished hundreds of cars and i hate it when 40 year old know-it-alls come around thinking there the best in the business and can show me up.... congrats..... u can detail...... lol im just offering my services for a ridiculously cheap amount cause i enjoy polishing and i'm good at it... and a case of beer will do the trick

Hey I'm not going to sit here and argue with you EDEN cause you won't be around in 5 months, as you stated. This is for those looking to go down this road for $20 and beer, just be aware that you'll be looking for someone to fix this mess in due time, that's all I'm done.
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

Number of posts : 1749
Vehicle : 02 Audi A6

PostSubject: Re: Want your vehicle power polished?   Want your vehicle power polished? Icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2009, 12:10 am

Clear Solutions wrote:
eden wrote:

Hey I'm not going to sit here and argue with you EDEN cause you won't be around in 5 months, as you stated. This is for those looking to go down this road for $20 and beer, just be aware that you'll be looking for someone to fix this mess in due time, that's all I'm done.
lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.honda-tech.com
J DUB
Rank 1
Rank 1

Number of posts : 11
Vehicle : 91 Integra GS
Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Want your vehicle power polished?   Want your vehicle power polished? Icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2009, 12:41 am

Clear Solutions wrote:

Better listen to mister perfect, if you dont than don't be mad that your car won't be a flippin mirror on wheels for the price of 12 beer, he might have to say he told ya so hehe
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: Want your vehicle power polished?   Want your vehicle power polished? Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 12:49 pm

I want to start looking into power polishes and how much its going to cost my car to get a really nice cut and polish done. any good places that people know of? And are good with black cars?
Back to top Go down
DOOLHA
Rank 7
Rank 7
DOOLHA

Number of posts : 1053
Vehicle : schirting

PostSubject: Re: Want your vehicle power polished?   Want your vehicle power polished? Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 1:01 pm

You already know I'm in Jay. Ill have my car to you right after I get her running.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: Want your vehicle power polished?   Want your vehicle power polished? Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 1:02 pm

KUNGfuPANDA wrote:
You already know I'm in Jay. Ill have my car to you right after I get her running.

?? come again?
Back to top Go down
eden
Rank 2
Rank 2
eden

PostSubject: Re: Want your vehicle power polished?   Want your vehicle power polished? Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 1:05 pm

ron's car cleaning does good work i heard. my boss will give you a really good deal most likely at my work.. im really good with black cars and would take my time with your car for sure to make it look perfect. good luck tho!
Back to top Go down
DOOLHA
Rank 7
Rank 7
DOOLHA

Number of posts : 1053
Vehicle : schirting

PostSubject: Re: Want your vehicle power polished?   Want your vehicle power polished? Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 1:12 pm

DEADlogic wrote:
KUNGfuPANDA wrote:

?? come again?

Jay = EDEN
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: Want your vehicle power polished?   Want your vehicle power polished? Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 2:21 pm

eden wrote:
ron's car cleaning does good work i heard. my boss will give you a really good deal most likely at my work.. im really good with black cars and would take my time with your car for sure to make it look perfect. good luck tho!

well I liek the fact that you would take your time with it and that you are good with black cars (as i can see with the pictures in the first page) I'll be looking to get something done most likely mid april
Back to top Go down
duggyb
Rank 5
Rank 5
duggyb

Number of posts : 680
Vehicle : 09' Mustang GT & 94' Nissan Silvia
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Want your vehicle power polished?   Want your vehicle power polished? Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 10:51 pm

how much for you to do the 3 stage 3M setup out of your garage?

Last edited by duggyb on June 21st 2010, 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Want your vehicle power polished?   Want your vehicle power polished? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Want your vehicle power polished?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next