Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Summer a busy time for Regina police

Go down 
+10
1eightySX
Jex
subbie
Marshal.
T-Fel
abs0Lut
Black
Heretic
Zimm
Moneypits
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Summer a busy time for Regina police Empty
PostSubject: Summer a busy time for Regina police   Summer a busy time for Regina police Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2011, 9:20 am

REGINA The first day of summer is approaching and Regina Police Service want the public to know about their seasonal activities.

Elizabeth Popowich, spokeswoman for the Regina police, said the goal is to ensure everyone has a good, safe summer.

“We do a lot of different things year-round, and especially over the summer,” she said. “We recognize that activity fluctuates and we need to be able to respond depending on a major event or crime trends.”

Beyond their usual duties, summer is a busy time for special event plans, such as working at Saskatchewan Roughriders games, which kicked off the season on Friday,

Popowich said Regina police has a great relationship with the Roughriders organization. For the last few years, funding has been approved to bring officers to Mosaic Stadium on game days.

“(Officers) work in conjunction with security staff at the event,” she said. “It will almost always be security staff that makes the first approach at any sign of a disturbance in the stands. If the person refuses to leave or the disturbance becomes a little more energetic, then our officers will step in and intervene.”

They also have officers in the parking lots to watch for suspicious activity.

Another initiative this summer is the Multi-Agency Inspection/Enforcement team. A team of uniformed and vice-squad officers, inspectors from Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority (SLGA) and Regina Fire and Protective Services will conduct regular, but unannounced, inspections of establishments that distribute alcohol during their peak hours of operation.

The initiative is funded by SLGA and focuses on making sure businesses comply with legislation on over-serving, serving alcohol to minors and overcrowding.

“There is an education component ... in the way of helping business owners understand not only their rights and responsibilities but some of the strategies that they can employ as far as being able to deal with customers,” she said.

Having a large group of law enforcement storm your business unannounced may not seem very appealing to customers.

Niall O’Hanlon, owner of O’Hanlon’s Pub in downtown Regina, said he understands the need for such an initiative and only one customer has ever complained.

“We’ve never had an issue,” he said. “You’d have to consider it an important program because everything needs a certain amount of regulation. There’s nothing wrong with a bit of backup. They have a tough job and they do it well.”

Other police initiatives include the Dewdney Avenue Beat Patrol, detecting and apprehending impaired drivers, cracking down on illegal aftermarket automobile modifications and patrol officers who monitor parks and schools.

Stupid pigs
Back to top Go down
Zimm
Rank 6
Rank 6
Zimm

Number of posts : 856
Vehicle : 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS
Registration date : 2010-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Summer a busy time for Regina police   Summer a busy time for Regina police Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2011, 12:47 pm

Yup... all i can say to anyone with illegal afteramrket parts..... dont show boat and drive nice and youll be ok
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

Number of posts : 1718
Vehicle : MKII Jetta
Registration date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Summer a busy time for Regina police   Summer a busy time for Regina police Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2011, 1:01 pm

Zimm wrote:
Yup... all i can say to anyone with illegal afteramrket parts..... dont show boat and drive nice and youll be ok

Yeah maybe I can sell my car, buy a 98 Camry and spend my free time at the Library.
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Summer a busy time for Regina police   Summer a busy time for Regina police Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2011, 5:40 pm

Yeah I have a 3 inch straight pipe with a melon launcher. I've never been bothered once about it. Just don't race around and they won't bother you.
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

Number of posts : 2214
Vehicle : '95 EJ1
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Summer a busy time for Regina police   Summer a busy time for Regina police Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2011, 11:57 pm

Cop pulled up beside me going to make a right turn, stops fully, looks at my car and mouths" FUUUUUCK". I lol'd.
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

Number of posts : 1718
Vehicle : MKII Jetta
Registration date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Summer a busy time for Regina police   Summer a busy time for Regina police Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2011, 9:32 am

Like a Good "FUUUUUUCK"

Or a Bad "FUUUUUUUCCCK" ?
Back to top Go down
T-Fel
Rank 6
Rank 6
T-Fel

Number of posts : 768
Vehicle : 92 Del Sol SIR/ 90 Silvia S13 K's
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Summer a busy time for Regina police   Summer a busy time for Regina police Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2011, 1:48 pm

like a good FUUUUUCCK I am assuming because he didn't get pulled over and have a flat bed arrive lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodologic.ca
Marshal.
Rank 6
Rank 6
Marshal.

Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Summer a busy time for Regina police   Summer a busy time for Regina police Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2011, 8:53 pm

dont drive around with something that looks half-assed or haggard and you wont get pulled over.
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

PostSubject: Re: Summer a busy time for Regina police   Summer a busy time for Regina police Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2011, 1:38 am

it was like a "fuuuuuck how do you drive like that" kinda fuuuuck and I agree with marshal. since most cops are men they'll appreciatea a nice car when they see one, atleast they should.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Summer a busy time for Regina police   Summer a busy time for Regina police Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2011, 9:06 am

abs0Lut wrote:
it was like a "fuuuuuck how do you drive like that" kinda fuuuuck and I agree with marshal. since most cops are men they'll appreciatea a nice car when they see one, atleast they should.

lol, dumbest comment I've read on qca to date!

It doesn't matter if there men or women, if they think your car has illegal mods and your flaunting them they are going to pull you over regardless of how "nice" your car is...don't be so naive
Back to top Go down
Jex
Rank 6
Rank 6
Jex

Number of posts : 921
Vehicle : Toaster
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Summer a busy time for Regina police   Summer a busy time for Regina police Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2011, 9:38 am

and dj spearment is here to bring down the mood!
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Summer a busy time for Regina police   Summer a busy time for Regina police Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2011, 12:24 pm

I argualbly drive the most retarted car here, and have never been hasseled.
Now that I say that I am sure I will be. lol

Everybody drive decent and you will be ok. DJ Spearment keep your beats down and you will be ok.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Zimm
Rank 6
Rank 6
Zimm

Number of posts : 856
Vehicle : 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS
Registration date : 2010-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Summer a busy time for Regina police   Summer a busy time for Regina police Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2011, 1:22 pm

im will u benoit.... i drive both a haggard and illegal modded car and also that is stupid loud... and i havent been bothered (knock on wood)

Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: Summer a busy time for Regina police   Summer a busy time for Regina police Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2011, 2:29 pm

1eightySX wrote:
I argualbly drive the most retarted car here, and have never been hasseled.
Now that I say that I am sure I will be. lol

Everybody drive decent and you will be ok. DJ Spearment keep your beats down and you will be ok.

ya but I don't think i've ever seen you drive your car faster than 40 km/h...lol, yous should be ok Smile
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

PostSubject: Re: Summer a busy time for Regina police   Summer a busy time for Regina police Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2011, 2:32 pm

djStewzy wrote:

It doesn't matter if there men or women, if they think your car has illegal mods and your flaunting them they are going to pull you over regardless of how "nice" your car is...don't be so naive

Read harder you fuck, I never said anything about "flaunting"... if your being a stupid ass racing down albert street at 120mp/h you deserve to be pulled over, but just normally cruising the speed limit only one of those power tripping assholes would/should pull you over, all the other normal "human" cops should leave you alone, maybe give you a thumbs up or something =) .
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: Summer a busy time for Regina police   Summer a busy time for Regina police Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2011, 3:06 pm

abs0Lut wrote:
djStewzy wrote:

Read harder you fuck, I never said anything about "flaunting"... if your being a stupid ass racing down albert street at 120mp/h you deserve to be pulled over, but just normally cruising the speed limit only one of those power tripping assholes would/should pull you over, all the other normal "human" cops should leave you alone, maybe give you a thumbs up or something =) .

Never had this happen. I was parked in a parking lot one time and like 8 cop cars bombarded us, and they weren't there to say how cool our cars were lol no thumbs up either. Just tickets.

lol
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Summer a busy time for Regina police   Summer a busy time for Regina police Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2011, 3:44 pm

djStewzy wrote:

ya but I don't think i've ever seen you drive your car faster than 40 km/h...lol, yous should be ok Smile

Hence the not driving like an idiot. You always ripped everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Summer a busy time for Regina police   Summer a busy time for Regina police Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2011, 4:29 pm

Last edited by ... on February 18th 2021, 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

PostSubject: Re: Summer a busy time for Regina police   Summer a busy time for Regina police Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2011, 4:33 pm

djStewzy wrote:
Never had this happen. I was parked in a parking lot one time and like 8 cop cars bombarded us, and they weren't there to say how cool our cars were lol no thumbs up either. Just tickets.

lol

Glad I wasn't there/ever had this happen to me. Only thing a cop has ever hastled me about was the blacked out tail lights I had on my Civic when I first bought the thing, even then I didn't get a ticket, just a "warning".

and...

what BAHR SAID!
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Summer a busy time for Regina police   Summer a busy time for Regina police Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2011, 4:34 pm

bahrx7 wrote:
OMG GUYS SIMPLE SOLUTION HERE:

...common sense.

Everyone be more like Evan....including me.
Back to top Go down
T-Fel
Rank 6
Rank 6
T-Fel

PostSubject: Re: Summer a busy time for Regina police   Summer a busy time for Regina police Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2011, 5:38 pm

Ya exactly drive like a human and you wont be bothered... drive like a certain someone who had a rhd red del sol and do vtec launches everywhere and wonder why you have 15 speeding tickets... its all common sense.... dont fuck round.....
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: Summer a busy time for Regina police   Summer a busy time for Regina police Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2011, 5:58 pm

1eightySX wrote:
djStewzy wrote:

Hence the not driving like an idiot. You always ripped everywhere.

ya its called driving the speed limit (50km) down albert lol. I only drove fast in spots and whats the point of having a fast car if you couldn't drive it? I may aswell have owned a 180 or a honda if i wanted to do 40 km everywhere Razz
Back to top Go down
T-Fel
Rank 6
Rank 6
T-Fel

PostSubject: Re: Summer a busy time for Regina police   Summer a busy time for Regina police Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2011, 6:01 pm

you have a Juke... im surprised it hits 40km ..must have massive upgrades! lol!
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Summer a busy time for Regina police   Summer a busy time for Regina police Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2011, 6:19 pm

Adam, you owned a fast car?

I am sorry my memory doesn't go back that far.... Although I may remember you burning up a clutch at the track.

What's the point of driving a fast car if you can't drive it well? I am glad to see you got something now to your skill set.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Summer a busy time for Regina police   Summer a busy time for Regina police Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2011, 7:04 pm

YAY i love when my threads create mayhem and beak shows lol

at absoluts comment about men cops appreciating nice cars that might be the most retarded sentence ever typed on this site

Who said men are into cars at all I know alot of guys who dont give a crap about cars or what they drive

Thats like saying girls appreciate clothing but I bet if you get pulled over in some gucci shoes you think the girl cops gonna let you off with a warning lol

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer a busy time for Regina police   Summer a busy time for Regina police Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Summer a busy time for Regina police
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Other :: Off Topic-
Jump to: