Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on

Go down 
+6
abs0Lut
T-Fel
Jex
Jhall
Marshal.
ApexFC
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ApexFC
Rank 1
Rank 1

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on Empty
PostSubject: Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on   Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2011, 5:50 pm

Sask was getting so good for drifting. We had so much interest in other provinces for events. Lumsden was getting popular and then they pulled the plug. Unfortunately, for no reason, our track prices at ACMS got jacked up over 3 times the cost of last year, all because we're dealing with a new guy. None of us know him, and he isn't willing to help us out.

Someone needs to work on for getting something down there by Regina. RCMP barracks, Lumsden back? Something?

We're still working on getting a couple more places up here but who knows how that'll go.
Back to top Go down
Marshal.
Rank 6
Rank 6
Marshal.

Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on   Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2011, 6:01 pm

you will NEVER get to the the RCMP track, for anything. Forget it ever existed and that youve ever seen the pictures of it.

As I remember there was a few particuar reasons they pulled the plug at 3 flags. Some was the damage to the track, but it mostly was that the parties involved didnt see eye to eye.
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

Number of posts : 2058
Vehicle : Ruckus/91 MX5
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on   Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2011, 8:33 pm

there has been some leads with rcmp track but nothing to right home about and lumsden will never happen again for drifting
Back to top Go down
Marshal.
Rank 6
Rank 6
Marshal.

PostSubject: Re: Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on   Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2011, 10:27 pm

ill give you $50 if you get to drift on the RCMP track.
Back to top Go down
Jex
Rank 6
Rank 6
Jex

Number of posts : 921
Vehicle : Toaster
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on   Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2011, 2:36 am

Marshal. wrote:
ill give you $50 if you get to drift on the RCMP track.
does it have to be legally?
Back to top Go down
Marshal.
Rank 6
Rank 6
Marshal.

PostSubject: Re: Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on   Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2011, 7:16 am

its all legal till you get caught
Back to top Go down
T-Fel
Rank 6
Rank 6
T-Fel

Number of posts : 768
Vehicle : 92 Del Sol SIR/ 90 Silvia S13 K's
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on   Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2011, 10:11 am

I agree in the sense of things that we need to be able to go somewhere to practice, host demo's, etc.. I think if we could get one solid venue either here or saskatoon or some medium ground we would be set up perfect and I am confident it would not be hard to get spectator's out to watch. I have ppl everyday asking me when the next event is and where it is... usually its same answers "soon,........ oh wait now its cancelled because owners are being dumb" haha.. I think if we can get out somewhere and host a big demo maybe even a one time thing and get both regina and saskatoon involved and have like 10-20 cars doing the demo and lots of spectators it would open up alot of area's for us once people start realizing how popular drifting is and what it can bring to their business. There has to be somewhere we just maybe haven't tried yet or haven't tried hard enough at yet. I know Evraz will let us use their lot but with them you rent a building for $600 and you get the surrounding parking lot (for $600 you get the shitiest one avail)... so with that being said does anyone know what its worth to get a good lot? And if we do host a demo I believe we should get posters tossed around everywhere and also get local news/radio involved thats the quickest way to gain interest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodologic.ca
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

Number of posts : 2214
Vehicle : '95 EJ1
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on   Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2011, 10:20 am

the driftoree last year or whenever it was should have shown how popular drifting is, lots of people attended and spectated. people are too stupid in Saskatchewan to realize I guess, if I owned a track I wouldn't need to be asked twice about holding drift events...
Back to top Go down
T-Fel
Rank 6
Rank 6
T-Fel

PostSubject: Re: Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on   Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2011, 10:27 am

does anyone know if mall lots are available? like i see southland used here and there for like bbq's or even fairs. and the old superstore has been used for almost everything... does anyone want to shed light on this?
Back to top Go down
Zimm
Rank 6
Rank 6
Zimm

Number of posts : 856
Vehicle : 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS
Registration date : 2010-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on   Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2011, 10:50 am

evraz wont give you a good parking lot... and to be honest anyone with hopes of getting a drift venue here for a while get over it..... it aint happenin, anyone that has tried in the past is sick of trying, and when your renting a parking lot off a company they dont care about spectators etc... so to show "someone" how popular it is wouldnt madder because there isnt no where to go and very few people want the parking lots messed up... Pretty much the streets or nothing that how sask rolls..
Back to top Go down
T-Fel
Rank 6
Rank 6
T-Fel

PostSubject: Re: Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on   Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2011, 11:01 am

straight up some fast and furious shit
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on   Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2011, 11:35 am

Insurance is another issue. We would have to find it and be able to afford it. So unless people are willing to get together, invest and elected somebody to front the organization and be willing to run it. We probably won't get very far Smile

You might be able to get away with a singular event if you can pick up sponsorship. But let's be honest a demo and practice are two different things. You want a demo? It needs to be for people to watch and you need to show them something worth watching. A practice is all fine and good but not the best for spectators. Drifting at it's finest is tandem, that is where you make the most impact.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Zimm
Rank 6
Rank 6
Zimm

PostSubject: Re: Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on   Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2011, 11:55 am

i wanna do a demo so bad here.... but i gave up on trying to find a place hahaha and everyone knows ill tandem hahaha
Back to top Go down
T-Fel
Rank 6
Rank 6
T-Fel

PostSubject: Re: Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on   Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2011, 11:56 am

1eightySX wrote:
Insurance is another issue. We would have to find it and be able to afford it. So unless people are willing to get together, invest and elected somebody to front the organization and be willing to run it. We probably won't get very far Smile

You might be able to get away with a singular event if you can pick up sponsorship. But let's be honest a demo and practice are two different things. You want a demo? It needs to be for people to watch and you need to show them something worth watching. A practice is all fine and good but not the best for spectators. Drifting at it's finest is tandem, that is where you make the most impact.

I elect you Ryan.

Also i'd love to tandem not afraid of that option in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on   Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2011, 4:31 pm

Last edited by ... on February 18th 2021, 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zimm
Rank 6
Rank 6
Zimm

PostSubject: Re: Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on   Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2011, 5:27 pm

bahrx7 wrote:

That being said, drifting on a track in Regina died a long time ago, some just seem to refuse to acknowledge this fact.

cheers
Back to top Go down
T-Fel
Rank 6
Rank 6
T-Fel

PostSubject: Re: Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on   Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2011, 6:01 pm

... no comment lol
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on   Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2011, 8:33 pm

t-fel
resident keyboard drifter
Back to top Go down
Marshal.
Rank 6
Rank 6
Marshal.

PostSubject: Re: Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on   Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2011, 10:16 pm

bahrx7 wrote:
Everyone is a pro drifter from the sidelines.

you need to give the spectators something they want to see, not a bunch of amatuers who have zero experience spinning out.

That being said, drifting on a track in Regina died a long time ago, some just seem to refuse to acknowledge this fact.

one of the best said things yet.
Back to top Go down
Jex
Rank 6
Rank 6
Jex

Number of posts : 921
Vehicle : Toaster
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on   Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2011, 12:21 am

evan speaks pure truth enough said, we've spent many many hours searching for somewhere to drift in the regina area, there is no where unless someone has a large sum of money laying around.
Back to top Go down
T-Fel
Rank 6
Rank 6
T-Fel

PostSubject: Re: Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on   Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2011, 12:05 pm

240sxy wrote:
t-fel
resident keyboard drifter
cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on   Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Someone get Lumsden back to Drift on
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Automotive :: News and Events-
Jump to: