Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses

Go down 
+2
CamJohns122
WPK
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WPK
Rank 3
Rank 3
WPK

Number of posts : 157
Vehicle : 06 Ranger
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses   Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2008, 12:07 am

When I had my monte carlo I purchased my wiring harness from audiowearhouse for $125 i cant help but think that I was ripped off. Can i use this wiring harness on my car? Anyone know of a way/site I can get an aftermarket wiring harness cheaper?
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses   Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2008, 12:08 am

Lol umm yes you were ripped off unless theres some secret technology im unaware of that they sold you wiring harnesses go for 10-30$ tops
Back to top Go down
WPK
Rank 3
Rank 3
WPK

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses   Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2008, 12:10 am

U win some, you lose some... anyway... where would I get one?
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses   Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2008, 12:12 am

Visions, The audio section of the cardomain store, walmart, canadian tire
Back to top Go down
WPK
Rank 3
Rank 3
WPK

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses   Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2008, 12:21 am

aha! now i know why it was expensive. I had the onstar so I had to get an expensive one.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses   Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2008, 12:22 am

O ok that makes sense then i was gonna say you got hoseedd but that makes alot of sense
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses   Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2008, 12:28 am

Stay away from Walmart, bought sterio wire from them long ago and the shit was no good.
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses   Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2008, 8:40 am

corey wrote:
Stay away from Walmart, bought sterio wire from them long ago and the shit was no good.

every car ive had i have put a new deck in it and i go to walmart and get the wiring harness there, i dont think theres anything wrong with it.
Back to top Go down
Cody
Rank 3
Rank 3
Cody

Number of posts : 193
Vehicle : 1981 Malibu 355sbc
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses   Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses Icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2008, 2:25 pm

Why it cost you that much is because GM (maybe other companies, not sure) but GM wired the door dinger/light dinger thing in with the stereo harness. So when you put in an aftermarket deck you have to get the part that will still let the dinger work without the factory stereo. It is quite stupid.

To tell if you need that piece or not you can just put your keys in the ignition and leave the ignition off, open the door. If the sound comes from the speakers, you need the part, if not then you are good to go.

Places like Visions and what not say that there is a chance your airbags could be wired in with it, and without it the airbags may fail. So they always put that part in if it is needed when they do an install. Which makes no sense because that means if you blew the radio fuse, you would have no airbags...
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses   Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses Icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2008, 7:21 pm

crutchfield.com. Great place to buy audio equipment. They are very knowledgeable
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses   Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses
Page 1 of 1