Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Save the Internet

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
veedub
Rank 7
Rank 7
veedub

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Save the Internet Empty
PostSubject: Save the Internet   Save the Internet Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2011, 8:06 pm

Censoring the Internet: they tried this a few years ago and it didn't fly so now they've figured out another way to try and pass this bill.

Basically they're allowing the media to control the internet and let the government do their bidding. It's only proposed in the US at the moment but if it passes then Canada will be next in line.

I personally doubt it will be passed but its good to stay informed.

If you happen to enjoy using the internet I suggest signing a petition.
Back to top Go down
00devo00
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 250
Vehicle : 2011 WRX STI Sport Tech Sedan
Registration date : 2010-08-02

Save the Internet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Save the Internet   Save the Internet Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2011, 9:55 pm

we must have similar interest haha, i watched that like 45 mins ago.

Bills like this can not be passed, or the way we see the internet will change drastically. The ability to share the stuff you like with your friends on social networks, blogs, and forums such as this will be considered a crime because it could have copyright material. For example: Benoit makes a video of a drift event he went to and put a popular song that he likes but is copyrighted and protected by this bill. If he uploads his video to let say Vimeo.com, and then posts a link to that video via Dodo-Logic.ca or on this forum. If the video is found to have copyright infringement, the video will be blocked, i think they will be able to sue vimeo for having the video, they can sue the forum and blog it was linked to on. All this because he put a Justine Bieber song as the background music.

now thats just a quick example.

Plus I like the way the internet is, i like having the access to almost anything i want at just the click of a button. If Bills like this start getting passed, it won't be long untill similar bills are passed elsewhere in the world, the ability to share thing with anyone on the net would just disappear. and it wont just be in the states, it will be everywhere.

In My opinion, its scary, the government is trying to control the internet, the one real free voice of most people around the world, its how i get the news, its how i play video games, its how we interact with each other. Fuck, i wouldn't even be able to say all this if bills like this get passed.

/endrant
Back to top Go down
troyjule
Rank 4
Rank 4
troyjule

Number of posts : 398
Vehicle : BMW e46
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Save the Internet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Save the Internet   Save the Internet Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2011, 1:55 pm

I have faith in the CRTC. They backed the masses when Bell (among others) tried UBB with internet usage; hopefully if they have anything to do with it, it won't slide.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Save the Internet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Save the Internet   Save the Internet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Save the Internet
Page 1 of 1