Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are you guys running?

Go down 
+15
the_drewster19
crazy8
Rob
Stevo
subbie
DOOLHA
240sxy
aram1000
dev
slowEK
Marshal
JYB116
jdm_itr
Cody
SteveK
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
crazy8
Rank 1
Rank 1
crazy8

Number of posts : 15
Vehicle : '04 Mazda Rx8
Registration date : 2009-04-25

What are you guys running? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you guys running?   What are you guys running? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2009, 5:36 pm

kyle has aids... just saying
Back to top Go down
the_drewster19
Rank 1
Rank 1
the_drewster19

Number of posts : 22
Vehicle : 89 cougar (spl vehicle)
Registration date : 2009-09-08

PostSubject: Subject: Re: What are you guys running?   What are you guys running? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 9:28 pm

Deck : Alpine cda-7897
Speakers: Front - RE XXX 6.5" Components Rear- Rockford Fosgate T152s components
Speaker Amp - kicker zx350.4
Subs- 2 15" kicker l7 D2's
Sub Amp - kicker zx2500.1
Battery - Optima D34/78
Stock Alt. (need upgrade)
Kicker 0 awg wiring for sub amp, stinger 4 awg for speaker amp.
All wiring and build done by me. box included.
Box - 6.9 cubic feet tuned to 36 hz. (small for these subs. wanting closer to 13 cubic feet.)
Back to top Go down
the_drewster19
Rank 1
Rank 1
the_drewster19

PostSubject: Re: What are you guys running?   What are you guys running? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 9:29 pm

the_drewster19 wrote:
Deck : Alpine cda-7897
Speakers: Front - RE XXX 6.5" Components Rear- Rockford Fosgate T152s components
Speaker Amp - kicker zx350.4
Subs- 2 15" kicker l7 D2's
Sub Amp - kicker zx2500.1
Battery - Optima D34/78
Stock Alt. (need upgrade)
Kicker 0 awg wiring for sub amp, stinger 4 awg for speaker amp.
All wiring and build done by me. box included.
Box - 6.9 cubic feet tuned to 36 hz. (small for these subs. wanting closer to 13 cubic feet.)

check out my videos on youtube. search "drewbaby20"
Back to top Go down
Rusty
Rank 2
Rank 2
Rusty

Number of posts : 25
Vehicle : '00 Dodge Dakota R/T, '00 Honda CBR 600, '88 Supra
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: What are you guys running?   What are you guys running? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 10:15 pm

right now i've got 2 12' kicker cvr comps powerd by the alpine mrp-1000-1, infinity 6.5's and stock amp.....but im putting in my one 15' L5 and the second one i just ordered soon... being powered by an mrp-1000-1 each
Back to top Go down
the_drewster19
Rank 1
Rank 1
the_drewster19

PostSubject: Re: What are you guys running?   What are you guys running? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2009, 1:51 pm

Rusty wrote:
right now i've got 2 12' kicker cvr comps powerd by the alpine mrp-1000-1, infinity 6.5's and stock amp.....but im putting in my one 15' L5 and the second one i just ordered soon... being powered by an mrp-1000-1 each

are you keeping your cvr's in too?? just so you know mixing subs ruins phasing issues, and screws up sound drastically.. if you are just running two 15 l5's then two of those mrp 1000-1 are too much power for those... they are rated at what? 750 watts rms? you gonna blow them up!
Back to top Go down
Rusty
Rank 2
Rank 2
Rusty

PostSubject: Re: What are you guys running?   What are you guys running? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2009, 9:01 pm

no im ether selling my cvr's or putting them in my civic...and im not running them at full power...they'll only be set at 3/4 power...and i'd get the L7's but i cant afford em:P
Back to top Go down
the_drewster19
Rank 1
Rank 1
the_drewster19

PostSubject: Re: What are you guys running?   What are you guys running? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2009, 2:21 am

Rusty wrote:
no im ether selling my cvr's or putting them in my civic...and im not running them at full power...they'll only be set at 3/4 power...and i'd get the L7's but i cant afford em:P

thats too bad man, you'd be powering l7's perfectly with those amps.. im overpowering my 15 l7's a bit but thats okay lol they can handle it... but i still need to upgrade my whole electrical to back it up.
Back to top Go down
Rusty
Rank 2
Rank 2
Rusty

PostSubject: Re: What are you guys running?   What are you guys running? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2009, 2:24 am

ya i know i was origionally gonna get 2 L7's but i spent all my cash's...so i downgraded and ya big amps need lotsa juice
Back to top Go down
the_drewster19
Rank 1
Rank 1
the_drewster19

PostSubject: Re: What are you guys running?   What are you guys running? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2009, 2:27 am

Rusty wrote:
ya i know i was origionally gonna get 2 L7's but i spent all my cash's...so i downgraded and ya big amps need lotsa juice

sure do, do you have any upgrades on your electrial?
right now im just running a yellow top batt... stock alternator.. i found that a high output alternator for my car would be around 800 bucks!!!! but thats specific to my car. ill just wait for a new vehicle then upgrade all sorts of electrial (new alt, another battery, big 3 wire upgrade etc..)
Back to top Go down
Rusty
Rank 2
Rank 2
Rusty

PostSubject: Re: What are you guys running?   What are you guys running? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2009, 2:29 am

i havent decided which yet, but im ether putting in a second battery or im getting 2 caps...the battery would be so much cheaper but caps would do the job better....but im just building the box right now so i still got time to decide. ill def just be running the stock old alternator haha im to cheap to upgrade it
Back to top Go down
the_drewster19
Rank 1
Rank 1
the_drewster19

PostSubject: Re: What are you guys running?   What are you guys running? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2009, 2:31 am

Rusty wrote:
i havent decided which yet, but im ether putting in a second battery or im getting 2 caps...the battery would be so much cheaper but caps would do the job better....but im just building the box right now so i still got time to decide. ill def just be running the stock old alternator haha im to cheap to upgrade it

take it from experience.... do not get caps... they are just problems waiting to happen. get the primary electrical upgrades and your good... battery and alt thats all you need.. raw power.. none of this fake capacitor backup bullshit.. believe me they cause more problems then fixing yours.
Back to top Go down
Rusty
Rank 2
Rank 2
Rusty

PostSubject: Re: What are you guys running?   What are you guys running? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2009, 2:33 am

well i guess that makes my choice easy Smile battery it is! ya iunno arent they basically just a custom to subs only battery anyways? i havent really looked into them just assumed it was basically that...they store power till u need it
Back to top Go down
the_drewster19
Rank 1
Rank 1
the_drewster19

PostSubject: Re: What are you guys running?   What are you guys running? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2009, 2:43 am

Rusty wrote:
well i guess that makes my choice easy Smile battery it is! ya iunno arent they basically just a custom to subs only battery anyways? i havent really looked into them just assumed it was basically that...they store power till u need it

somewhat, they just store extra power until you need it, but charging and discharging caps can be dangerous and harmful to your whole system, like i had a 30 farad cap for a while and it didnt do anything, infact it drained my battery more while i was pounding my system than it is now without a cap hooked up at all. in my mind a cap is where all the power to your amp goes, then your battery is used as a backup.... hence the solution for dimming lights... if your amp is draining saved power from the cap then it isnt using as much from the main battery... but i really dont trust capacitors, and any high end system i see or hear do not have caps. just raw power, alternator, big ass wire, tons of batteries and a sick amount of SPL.
Back to top Go down
Rusty
Rank 2
Rank 2
Rusty

PostSubject: Re: What are you guys running?   What are you guys running? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2009, 2:46 am

ya i can kinda see how that does it...after the power is used it recharges all the lost power anyways doint the same thing as a sub....but ya im running 2 gauge wires to both amps and i guess a 0 gauge to the second battery...thats the plan anyways right now i just have 2gauge goin straight to the single amp hooked up right now
Back to top Go down
the_drewster19
Rank 1
Rank 1
the_drewster19

PostSubject: Re: What are you guys running?   What are you guys running? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2009, 2:51 am

Rusty wrote:
ya i can kinda see how that does it...after the power is used it recharges all the lost power anyways doint the same thing as a sub....but ya im running 2 gauge wires to both amps and i guess a 0 gauge to the second battery...thats the plan anyways right now i just have 2gauge goin straight to the single amp hooked up right now

once i build my new system in a truck its gonna be running some very heavy gauge... if i can get my hands on it ill be getting 2/0 gauge welding cable for power wire from battery to battery, then 1/0 from batts to amps.. it'll be two kicker zx2500.1's (buy one more) and either 2 Fi Btl 18's or 2 RE MT 18's... havent decided yet. and 5 gauge speaker wire to the subs. lol... heavy shit... unsure whether or not ill have to invest in a third battery or not to keep a constant 14.4 volts... maybe pick up some 16 volt batts..
Back to top Go down
Rusty
Rank 2
Rank 2
Rusty

PostSubject: Re: What are you guys running?   What are you guys running? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2009, 2:52 am

holy poop man....you'll destroy every window in a truck....haha but will you by any chance be selling these 2 l7's? Smile
Back to top Go down
the_drewster19
Rank 1
Rank 1
the_drewster19

PostSubject: Re: What are you guys running?   What are you guys running? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2009, 2:54 am

Rusty wrote:
holy poop man....you'll destroy every window in a truck....haha but will you by any chance be selling these 2 l7's? Smile

possibly at some point but i may want to keep them for another vehicle just as a winter system or something hahaha. my "small system" lol but that wont be for a while still at least a year... if u wanna check them out just go on youtube and search drewbaby20 and all my vids are there.
Back to top Go down
Rusty
Rank 2
Rank 2
Rusty

PostSubject: Re: What are you guys running?   What are you guys running? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2009, 2:55 am

dang i aint waiting that long...and ya wow your "small" system is bigger than most people's BIG system
Back to top Go down
the_drewster19
Rank 1
Rank 1
the_drewster19

PostSubject: Re: What are you guys running?   What are you guys running? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2009, 2:57 am

Rusty wrote:
dang i aint waiting that long...and ya wow your "small" system is bigger than most people's BIG system

haha ya i know, im just messin, i have no clue though on what ill do with them, i love them for now....

here's an example of the amount of air they move...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTqPooJ05QU&feature=channel
Back to top Go down
Rusty
Rank 2
Rank 2
Rusty

PostSubject: Re: What are you guys running?   What are you guys running? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2009, 2:59 am

ya thats pretty sick....i dont need quite that much....just like the boom boom and gots to beat all ma friends. have you upgraded your speakers?
Back to top Go down
the_drewster19
Rank 1
Rank 1
the_drewster19

PostSubject: Re: What are you guys running?   What are you guys running? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2009, 3:01 am

Rusty wrote:
ya thats pretty sick....i dont need quite that much....just like the boom boom and gots to beat all ma friends. have you upgraded your speakers?

if i didnt all my speakers would be blown... i have some pretty nasty speakers.. i have the top top of the line rockford fosgate components... the T152s components for my rears, and RE (Resonant Engineering) XXX 6.5" components for up front... cleanest sounding and loudest speakers i've ever heard.... the woofers are like mini subs they have so much excursion... here they are when i first got them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbpzraGkQrk&feature=channel
Back to top Go down
Rusty
Rank 2
Rank 2
Rusty

PostSubject: Re: What are you guys running?   What are you guys running? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2009, 3:06 am

nice...ya mine are totally stock...but there prob the best sounding stock system i've heard...like even new cars and my jeep is a 94
Back to top Go down
the_drewster19
Rank 1
Rank 1
the_drewster19

PostSubject: Re: What are you guys running?   What are you guys running? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2009, 3:08 am

Rusty wrote:
nice...ya mine are totally stock...but there prob the best sounding stock system i've heard...like even new cars and my jeep is a 94
nice man, i used to run alpine type s' (garbage) and rockford t1c2s (nice!) and i hated hearing peoples stock systems in their new car that sounded almost as clean (not nearly as loud though) as mine. you spend all this money on making it great and these new cars already got it..
Back to top Go down
Rusty
Rank 2
Rank 2
Rusty

PostSubject: Re: What are you guys running?   What are you guys running? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2009, 3:10 am

haha ya i know...im happy mine came with a good stock system:) and hey they go pretty loud...its got a stock amp there dec speakers
Back to top Go down
the_drewster19
Rank 1
Rank 1
the_drewster19

PostSubject: Re: What are you guys running?   What are you guys running? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2009, 3:20 am

Rusty wrote:
haha ya i know...im happy mine came with a good stock system:) and hey they go pretty loud...its got a stock amp there dec speakers

ya i shouldnt say stock systems dont go loud... my cougar is the "luxury edition" and came with a "premium sound system" for its day... with external amplifiers and good speakers and it sounded really good before i ripped it all out and put way better stuff in... but for an 89 that was pretty sick sounding...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you guys running?   What are you guys running? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you guys running?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next