Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car

Go down 
+11
T-Fel
subbie
JSharp
Marshal.
locked2
Black
00devo00
veedub
toddler
1eightySX
Moneypits
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
T-Fel
Rank 6
Rank 6
T-Fel

Number of posts : 768
Vehicle : 92 Del Sol SIR/ 90 Silvia S13 K's
Registration date : 2010-03-31

WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car   WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2011, 2:42 pm

im not pointing fingers or judging ppl by what they can afford infact in that aspect I have no right to talk i mean look at my daily's haha.. im just poking fun at the fact that everyones quick smart ass comment is always "should have bought a STI" I couldnt agree more about not spending $15,000 on some emblems and shit that I could ebay the parts and make my own comparable car for a few grand tops... Im on your side Spearment
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodologic.ca
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

Number of posts : 2058
Vehicle : Ruckus/91 MX5
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car   WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2011, 4:42 pm

i say keep what you have and don't spend any money till your business takes off and makes you money
Back to top Go down
Marshal.
Rank 6
Rank 6
Marshal.

Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car   WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2011, 8:21 pm

I guess if you can wake up every morning knowing you owe someone 50,000+ for something that depreciates every single day.

I cant stand debt at all imo.
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

Number of posts : 1718
Vehicle : MKII Jetta
Registration date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car   WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2011, 8:29 pm

Marshal. wrote:
I guess if you can wake up every morning knowing you owe someone 50,000+ for something that depreciates every single day.

Wise is this man with funny red car.

I'd honestly never, ever buy a brand new car. Such a huge waste of money. Buy used, own it, repair it, modify it, love it! The only thing I owe on is my house.
P.S. Marshal I saw your old Bimmer kicking around. At least I think so, it was white with gold BBS.

Edit: Even if you want a newer-ish car with a loan, buy a few years old one, save a pile of money!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car   WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2011, 9:22 pm

Heretic wrote:
Marshal. wrote:

I'd honestly never, ever buy a brand new car. Such a huge waste of money. Buy used, own it, repair it, modify it, love it! The only thing I owe on is my house.
P.S. Marshal I saw your old Bimmer kicking around. At least I think so, it was white with gold BBS.

Edit: Even if you want a newer-ish car with a loan, buy a few years old one, save a pile of money!

This
Back to top Go down
Marshal.
Rank 6
Rank 6
Marshal.

PostSubject: Re: WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car   WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2011, 9:26 pm

Heretic wrote:
Marshal I saw your old Bimmer kicking around. At least I think so, it was white with gold BBS.

He even tossed in a 6 cyl m3 motor for good measure.
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car   WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2011, 11:49 pm

Whoa, reminder to self: Do not mess with White E30.. Shocked
Back to top Go down
00devo00
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 250
Vehicle : 2011 WRX STI Sport Tech Sedan
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car   WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2011, 10:06 pm

All i can say is if you are dead set on getting an STI, go a couple years old, don't go new, especially if you are looking for a hatch. I've told this to people before, I waited till now for them to bring back the sedan body style because this has been my dream car since i was 10ish. also it was a very spur of the moment decision to actually buy it, not just dream of buying it. If i had to do it over again i would have waited till next year and bought a used sti sedan. would be easier on the wallet.

But it all comes down to what you are willing to pay and if you can afford it. I would recommend waiting a little while more and going with used. That's just what i think.

Devo
Back to top Go down
veedub
Rank 7
Rank 7
veedub

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car   WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2011, 11:29 pm

Rob wrote:
Heretic wrote:
Marshal. wrote:

This

This
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car   WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2011, 12:32 pm

I dont want to modify or repair or sink any money into a vehicle that is worthless except to me. having a 500$ a month car payment would be alot cheaper than what Im spending on vehicles per month right now.

The reason for buying new is that I want to distance myself from this modifying scene as far as possible but still retaining my want for a neat fun car that will allow me that little thrill each day as I drive to work but thats it.
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car   WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2011, 1:02 pm

That's fair. My Audi is bone stock, it's a great car and being a 2.7T, would be a shit pile faster with just a $500 re-flash. But I need it reliable, not fast There is something to be said for stock cars.

What I'm getting at is, I personally wouldn't modify a brand new or near new car very much. Maybe wheels and coilovers, and cosmetic stuff. But I wouldn't be going into the engine at all. The more modified it is, the more you have to work on it And isn't the point of buying a new car so you have something reliable to drive?. That's why I prefer old cars, besides being generally simpler to wrench on, I don't mind so much when they sit in the garage for a year or more in pieces.

If my VW burnt to the ground tonight, I could walk away, shrug it off and go buy another $500-$1000 VW shell.
Back to top Go down
T-Fel
Rank 6
Rank 6
T-Fel

Number of posts : 768
Vehicle : 92 Del Sol SIR/ 90 Silvia S13 K's
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car   WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2011, 1:43 pm

Heretic wrote:

If my VW burnt to the ground tonight, I could walk away, shrug it off and go buy another $500-$1000 VW shell.

I got the gas can full of premium I will be over later... lets see if this comment is true Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodologic.ca
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car   WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2011, 4:43 pm

Moneypits wrote:

The reason for buying new is that I want to distance myself from this modifying scene as far as possible but still retaining my want for a neat fun car that will allow me that little thrill each day as I drive to work but thats it.

Wow wait, you modified cars?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
00devo00
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 250
Vehicle : 2011 WRX STI Sport Tech Sedan
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car   WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2011, 5:13 pm

Since my car has gone into the shop, i've been rethinking on how i am going to proceed with my car. Im sticking with the catback exhaust because it sounds better that way haha. Other than that the powertrain is going to remain stock. Because with having to drive from White City to Regina and back every day if not more than once a day, i need it to be reliable and get me to where i need to go. Not saying the outside is going to stay the same, gonna make her look nice and all.

Also been thinking a lot lately on importing an older skyline 2000GT (not sure what year yet still have to see whats available) and making that my "project car". spend the money i would have on the suby for "performance" and use it on the skyline to make her good and all.

psssst if none of that made sense, don't worry, it didn't for me either, just trying to get my thoughts out, doesn't always work
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car   WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2011, 5:32 pm

if you are reffering to a hakosuka or a Ken Meri you will be paying a lot of dough.

You could maybe find a Datsun or jet help me with mine. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Marshal.
Rank 6
Rank 6
Marshal.

PostSubject: Re: WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car   WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2011, 10:29 pm

T-Fel wrote:
Heretic wrote:

I got the gas can full of premium I will be over later... lets see if this comment is true Laughing

regular burns more readily.
Back to top Go down
Marshal.
Rank 6
Rank 6
Marshal.

PostSubject: Re: WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car   WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2011, 10:30 pm

T-Fel wrote:
Heretic wrote:

actualy, use methanol and light it on fire during the day. No one will even know.
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car   WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2011, 3:14 pm

Ok let stop talking about fires. Your going to jinx it.

Actually I changed a FPR on a hot engine once. Ummm yeahhh nothing like the sizzle of gasoline running off a hot exhaust manifold to pucker up your butt hole up some......... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Marshal.
Rank 6
Rank 6
Marshal.

PostSubject: Re: WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car   WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2011, 10:45 pm

Heretic wrote:
Ok let stop talking about fires. Your going to jinx it.

Actually I changed a FPR on a hot engine once. Ummm yeahhh nothing like the sizzle of gasoline running off a hot exhaust manifold to pucker up your butt hole up some......... Shocked

How about breaking a natural gas ballvalve, having the gas pouring into the house, with an water heater pilot burning 3 feet away. top that.
Back to top Go down
taylorvw
Rank 8
Rank 8
taylorvw

Number of posts : 1554
Vehicle : ce9a
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car   WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2011, 12:36 pm

... crazy marsellous
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car   WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WRX STi vs WRX vs Other car
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Other :: Off Topic-
Jump to: